In php.ini add these lines:
; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
; Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with " instead of \').
magic_quotes_sybase = Off
Then duplicate this and call it php5.ini
Then do this (to kill web system processes on Linux shared hosting accounts):
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- From the Products section, click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- In the Content section of the Hosting Control Center, click the System Processes icon.
- Click End Web and follow any prompts.
- Reload the phpinfo.php page to see if the desired changes have taken effect.